Friday, January 9, 2009

Favorite Lines from Movies I saw this year....

Admission: I'm a cinephile. Or more likely, a Movie-aholic. And I'm unrepentant. It's so bad that I don't really care that I just wrote 2 half-sentences back there.

Anyways, here's a list of my favorite lines from movies I saw that came out in 2008

- "What's the boy word for 'slut'?"// Definitely Maybe

- "Oh trust me doc, bringing psychiatric drugs and teenagers together is like opening a lemonade stand in the desert." // Charlie Bartlett

- Guy 1: "In the Army, soldiers would pull on their puds to keep the blood flowing."
Guy 2: "What regiment were you in? The Royal Corps of Wankers?" // The Bank Job

- "Say yes to whim! Say yes to chance! Say yes to chaos!"// Chaos Theory

- "How do you say goodbye to someone you can't imagine living without? I didn't say goodbye.
I didn't say anything. I just walked away." // My Blueberry Nights

- "You have Christ between your thighs... only with a shorter beard." // Forgetting Sarah Marshall

- "Give me a scotch. I'm starving." // Iron Man

- "Lavender, you get on my head" // What Happens in Vegas...

- "Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You are truly incorruptible, aren't you? Huh? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever." // The Dark Knight

- "Suppose Nancy sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I'm looking good, got a luscious v of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes " Oh my god, I've had the old bull now I want the young calf" and grabs me by the weiner." // Step Brothers

- "Maria Elena used to say that only unfulfilled love can be romantic." // Vicky Christina Barcelona

- "One of my teaching assistants and a very, very hard working woman. [teaching assistant exits [ Last night I fucked her to within an inch of her life. True story. I'm champin' her, head through the headboard, and I flip her over and she screams give me a choker. I play the choir boy and say what's that? Starwiped her five minutes later and she's bugging like an epileptic at a strobe light convention. Now I'm getting scared and as I'm working out the 911 phone call in my head she goes" // My Best Friend's Girl

- "If anyone is getting raped in that van, it'll be a guy. " // Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist

- "When someone says that they have people everywhere, you expect it to be hyperbole. Lots of people say that. Florists use that expression. It doesn't mean that they have people in the bloody room." // Quantum of Solace

- "Google me bitch! I might be famous one day. " // Four Christmases

- "Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss. " // The Curious Case of Benjamin Button



Films I saw for which no favorite lines exist:
- 27 Dresses
- Cloverfield (but only because this movie was NOT about dialogue)
- Strange Wilderness <-- all around lame
- Jumper
- Penelope
- Semi-Pro
- The Other Boelyn Girl
- 10,000 BC
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
- Doomsday
- Drillbit Taylor
- Harold & Kumar 2
- Run, Fat Boy, Run
- Smart People
- Deception
- Indiana Jones IV
- You Don't Mess with the Zohan
- The Happening
- The Incredible Hulk
- Get Smart
- Wanted
- Hancock
- Hellboy II
- Pineapple Express
- The House Bunny
- Max Payne
- Nothing Like the Holidays
- 7 Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment