Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Never thought I'd quote this person

but I read this quote somewhere else and it struck me as 100% true.

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." "
Marilyn Monroe


I have always thought that everything happens for a reason.  I don't know if you'd attribute that to deep-rooted Catholicism, or a poor-boys wish for there to be something better in the works. 

In my mid-twenties I started truly living on my own for the first time, and while dating people, making easy friends, moving from one circle to another, I questioned why things seemed so right with some people, but in the end I wasn't really interested.  I came up with the theory that I was just supposed to come into that person's life to have some affect on them, then we were always supposed to move along. 

In the end, maybe we are all just swimming around in the big ocean, and you may follow my route for a while, or my wave may push to towards or away from your goals, but in the end, maybe all this random floating and sailing will let us both end up in the best places possible.

Like Blackthought said "we knew from the start that things fall apart, and tend to shatter". 

No comments:

Post a Comment