Sunday, January 10, 2010

Movies 2009; or "Yes, another damn list"

In chronological order

Movies I saw and liked in 2009:
- Watchmen    (yes, that's right.  I was not until March that I saw a movie that was worth $9)
- I Love You, Man
- Earth
- Ghosts of Girlfriends Past  (dude, I'm telling you, the first 20 minutes is a handbook in life)
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine

- Drag Me to Hell
- The Hangover
- (500) Days of Summer
- GI Joseph   (I went into it expecting fx & action & ninja-fights, and I got what I wanted)
- Julie & Julia    (mostly because of the brownie points it earned me)
- Jennifer's Body
- Whip It
- Zombieland
- Couples Retreat
- 2012   (same low-expectations as GI Joe)
- It's Complicated
- Sherlock Holmes

Movies I saw even though I should have known better:
- Underworld 3
- Taken
- He's Just not that into You
- Adventureland
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
 - The Ugly Truth
- Funny People
- Sorority Row
- Everybody's Fine    (I maintain that the adverts for this movie lied to people)
- Avatar/Pocahantas

Movies I rented and regretted;

- Fanboys
- The Haunting in Connecticutt
- Obsessed
- I Love you Beth Cooper   (what can I say, I'm a sucker for the cheerleader)
- Blood: The Last Vampire
- The Goods


Movies I watched because they were the only on while on a plane:
-Paul Blart

So that comes out to 17 wins, 10 losses.  If I was playing in the NFC, that'd be good enough for a first-round bye.  All together, not bad, I suppose, but I went to the movies a lot less than I did in 2007 & 2008, and there are lots of good movies that I never got to see (District 9, 9 by Tim Burton, Moon, Boondock Saints 2, Cloudy...).

Resolutions:
- See more good movies
- Find more movie-buddies for great films Anie has no interest in watching

No comments:

Post a Comment